Saturday, June 02, 2007

Hey June....... From Singapore

Welcome to Singapore, as quoted by Chow Yuen Fatt's character in the newest Pirates of The Caribbean movie (not that i watch it anyway), when i walked past the custom checkpoint in Woodlands before boarding the bus to the Kranji MRT station.
I was following my aunt from her home in JB and will be staying with my relative's at the much heard Ang Mo Kio in the heart of the city state. First thing that came to mind when lugged my luggage up the crossover was the street was not as clean as i thought. Well, from where i stand then i saw cigarette butts and a bit of plastic everywhere.... far from the notorious cleanliness image that the country trying to project.

As the my handphone's DiGi roaming service kicked in moments ago, i phoned home telling my mum that i safely arrived at my relative's home. So i will be staying the 1 of the flats quite indefinitely from now.

Lunchtime and my relatives show me around the community. There are park and a lots of greenery around the flats and commercial area nearby (food center and rows of shoplots). Much to my hidden delight, i noticed McDonald’s just at a end of one corner *sniggers*
Best of all, i have free access to my cousin's pc and the fast internet service, yeah. Well, i haven't forget my priority of finding a job here and the net made my job easier. But then, my uncle in law told me to settle down first before doing anything else (much of my 1 hour+ conversation with him revolving how good singapore is, lol). Well, i think i've slow down too much....
Anyway, there a lot of things i still ignorant about Singapore policy and stuffs and i have to settle down fast. Wish me luck and good bye Malaysia.

No comments: